Friday, December 26, 2008

Interesting things I saw while shopping in Portland today

First everyone and their mother-in-laws cousin are out shopping today because everyone in portland has been snowed in for two weeks. Here are some sights/experiences of the day.


-The mulleted bleach blonde santa clause in cut off jean shorts (keep in mind snows still on the ground)
- The stroller with extra wide off road tires being utilized to its fullest potential in the slushy parking lot
- The old dude whose car slid off into a ditch...he got out kicked the snow, then sat on the hood of his car and scratched his head.
-The fierce wal-mart shopping cart driver who was sure that her cart when pushed with all her might (she weighed a buck-twenty at most) could conquer 3 inches of slush
-My personal favorite was at wal-mart...

I went to the jewelry counter by myself and was greeted by a very sweet lady with four or five teeth and a whole lot perfume and eclectic jewelry. I was inquiring about a watch battery when she told me that wal-mart was the place to buy my engagement ring for my fiance, she said "These diamond go through a ragerious "spelling phonetically on this one" process, they find them diamonds in the mud and they dont look like anything special then they ship em to the diamond cleaner who makes em all nice and shiny for your pretty little girlfriend" I told her I really appreciate her thoughts and her heads up on where to buy my diamonds but I dont even have a girlfriend at the moment. Then she took me by surprise. "Thats cuz you aint bought a ring yet"... then she really put the icing on the cake and said "You dont have to buy me a ring to go on a date with you, your cute enough to score a free meal off of"(she then smile and winked) shocked and speechless that I just got (hit on or dissed by the 50 yr old wal mart employee) I said "oh never mind, telling the correct time isnt that important anyways this watch can do it twice a day as is" then I smiled and waved good-by to sheril.

Oh how I miss portland, such a fun group of people.

1 comment:

fieryloverofjesus said...

gotta love that. miss playing football with you colin!

John